Energy saving has become a primary issue for companies. With the rising cost of electricity and resources, it is essential to have an efficient air conditioning system that helps optimize consumption without affecting the well-being of customers and staff. of the company, guaranteeing a safe and comfortable environment. For this, it is essential to use the right technology and habits.
Here is a list of 7 very simple tips that you can take into account to achieve greater energy savings in your organization.
- Disconnect electronic devices: Identify which devices you can disconnect at the end of the day and avoid consumption in “stand-by”, since, although it may not seem like it, the devices continue to consume electricity when they remain connected to the network. To do this, you can use power strips with a “stand-by” eliminator, which cut off the flow of current when they detect that it is no longer needed.
- Install timers: Install timers in the different work areas. They will prevent devices from staying on when no one is using them, or if someone forgets to turn them off.
- Efficient devices: The efficiency label indicates the energy rating of a device, evaluating its consumption according to a scale from A to G. It is important to look for the energy efficiency label with an A+++ or similar, since the higher the rating, the greater the energy savings.
- Don’t forget to do maintenance: Dirty air filters force the device to consume more power. It is convenient to keep the equipment in the best of conditions, to reduce its energy consumption.
- Program the devices: Optimize the air conditioning according to the scheduled times and temperatures, in this way, you will avoid having them in operation during the whole day. With a smart thermostat connected to the Internet, you can program it and regulate its temperature from your mobile phone.
- Replace old devices and machines with more sustainable ones: Try choosing a sustainable, environmentally friendly and energy-efficient device. The initial investment will quickly pay off.
- Encourage a change of habits in the staff: It is important for workers to be aware of the importance of caring for the environment and saving energy in their workplace through small actions (not leaving computers on, efficient use of lights, etc.). Manuals can be created or talks given, to motivate them and make them aware of the importance of saving energy, establishing guidelines so that they know how to do it correctly. This will help reduce consumption at home as well.
By rethinking your mentality regarding the energy consumption of your company and putting these recommendations into practice, you will contribute to making your company and the planet a more sustainable place.