In addition, other conditions should be taken into consideration such as the building architecture, goods to be protected, edification use, aesthetic…etc Contrary to what may be believed, open rooms, for instance, are complex places to protect when it comes to fire risks. One of the best solutions for fire detection in this kind of structure is smoke detection systems via aspiration.
There are certain contingencies in our projects which make us choose this type of solutions:
- When the smoke can get into the air conditioning flows.
- As already stated, if the construction has great volumes with very high ceilings.
- If the activity is protected from critical industrial processes.
- When decoration and aesthetics demand systems which go unnoticed
- Under hostile weather conditions
- If there are restrained or difficult access spaces.
- When there is a likely vandalism risk or high mechanical damage risk
- When additional time is required for a building evacuation, for instance, a hospital
This alternative to alerts in the earliest stage of the fire, therefore contributing to not allowing the fire to propagate.
What are the components of smoke detection systems via aspiration?
Technically, smoke detection via aspiration equipment consist of a chamber that contains different laser smoke detectors and an ABS piping wire, with sampling points, from which the air reaches the detection chamber. These sampling pipes are the ones which collect the air from the controlled area and the smoke detector can be located in a different place. The whole system is set as a sole detection zone, so it connects directly to the alarm centre.
How do smoke detection systems via aspiration work?
Smoke detection systems via aspiration are based on a basic principle: continuous air sampling within the area which is going to be protected. Through the piping wire installed, they continuously aspirate an air sampling in the protected area and then, this air injects into a chamber, where the existence of smoke particles is analysed. The high sensitivity laser detector measures the amount of smoke present in the air, which is then compared to the defined alarm break-even points as suitable for the installation to be protected.
Advantages of aspiration smoke detectors
The main advantages which aspiration smoke detectors present against conventional detectors are the following:
- Fire detection in the emerging phase
- Presence in hard-to- access areas
- Hard to maintain places (technical floor, electrical panels, cold stores…)
- They can adapt to any kind of environment (humid, dusty…)
Did you know about smoke detectors via aspiration and its advantages versus conventional detectors? Feel free to leave a comment!