The air-conditioning It is an essential element in every summer in which we accustomed to seeing temperatures above 35°C. despite it being the perfect ally to be comfortable at home, it is also responsible for high energy consumption during the hottest months of the year. With energy prices so high, it’s hard not to be surprised when your monthly bill arrives. To avoid this, we leave you some tips to save and make efficient use of your air conditioning system. Take note.
– Something very important is to choose an efficient system. All appliances have an identifying label indicating the degree of efficiency it has. The letter A, accompanied by «+» and the color green, are indicative of an efficient device. If we choose a device with an A+++ indicator, the savings can be up to 40% in energy consumption.
– Install the air conditioner in a place with shade, since if the sun shines directly on the device, it will cost more to work, so it will consume more energy. Also, if the sun hits it directly, it can damage the system.
– Clean the equipment frequently. If the air filters are dirty, the appliance will consume more energy than normal to be able to cool. It is recommended to clean them once a year.
– Keep the appliance at a medium temperature. The recommended is between 24°and 26°C. The maximum difference between the temperature outside and inside should be 12°C. For each degree higher, the equipment will consume 8% more energy. For this reason, having a thermostat that controls that temperature is a good way to optimize its use.
– Invest in good insulation for your home, maintaining the interior temperature. At night, open the windows and blinds to let the air flow, while in the morning, you should lower the blinds to maintain the interior temperature and prevent heat from entering. If you turn on the air conditioning, it is important to close doors and windows to save energy.
– Invest in a “smart” device. You can turn off the air conditioning remotely if you have forgotten to do so, or turn it on before you get home to find it fresh when you arrive.
– Avoid turning on the equipment at night. If you open the windows so that the current enters your home and you go to bed after turning off the air, you will reduce many hours of consumption. In addition, it is not recommended for health to sleep with the air conditioning on.
– If you have Eco mode, do not hesitate to activate it, it can help you reduce consumption by 30%.
– Avoid switching the system off and on, it is better to leave it on at a higher temperature. In this way, you will prevent the device from overexerting itself and consuming more energy.
– When the heat is bearable, it is advisable to use fans, which also contribute to the circulation and cooling of the air. Perhaps they are not as effective as air conditioning, but for small rooms they fulfill their function perfectly, and their cost is much less than that of air conditioning equipment.
We hope that after these tips it will be much easier to use air conditioning responsibly, and that it will show at the end of the month!